Next Rally Date
- 350 days of COVID-19 netOn Thursday, 4 March 2021, Hambleton Amateur Radio Society passed the 350th consecutive day of a daily net on 2m. It started on day one of the 2020 COVID-19 lockdown. Its aim was to keep members and amateurs in the area in touch, and able to summon help or assistance if required. The net starts […]
- Ofcom EMF regulationsOn 1 March 2021, Ofcom published a General Notification on their website that proposes to vary all amateur radio licences. It requires licensees to comply with the ICNIRP general public limits of EMF. Licensees have until 18 April 2021 to make any representations to Ofcom. They have also informed us that they are contacting all […]
- 5 July 2021 – Assessing your station against ICNIRP EMF levels, by RSGB EMC Chair John Rogers, M0JAVJohn’s presentation Ofcom is implementing changes to all transmitting licences to require licensees to comply with ICNIRP general public limits on EMF exposure. This will include previously licence exempt users who transmit at powers of more than 10W EIRP. John will introduce the work of the RSGB and ARRL experts in assessment of exposure to […]
- NHS lauds ‘Get on the air to care’A report about the hugely successful RSGB and NHS ‘Get on the air to care’ campaign has been publicised on the NHS Networks website this week. We have committed to keep ‘Get on the air to care’ running as long as the restrictions exist, in order to support radio amateurs and to share the benefits […]
- GB2RS News Script for 7 March 2021Tap or click the link below to download this week’s GB2RS news script GB2RS News Script for 7 March 2021 (15-page/235KB Microsoft Word document) Problems downloading the GB2RS news script? Try this alternative link.